CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

For Sale....

"The hot hot day"
"I'll take $10 for that one"

"The blue sky"
$20

"After the Rain"
$50

"Harvesting"
"$65

"Raining"
""$80- That was a hard one"

"Tractor in the field"
"This one is $90, cause it's really nice"

If I were a member of the blogging family six and a half years ago, there would have been quite the post. The first picture would have shown my Dear Husband sitting in a hospital Emergency room in Arizona on Christmas eve. He was waiting to be seen for what we were about to find out was a broken collar bone.
Then there would be the picture of me, his lovely wife, hands in the air yelling at him in front of everyone about first, his stupidity in wanting to ride motorcycles And second,
"Did he not care about me and his unborn child enough to wear his helmet on that last run?"
At that moment I swore to him that he and all of our children to come would NEVER own a motorcycle. Yes, I was just a few weeks pregnant, and possibly, maybe slightly a bit hormonal at that moment.
Today, nearly seven years later, that very child that I was pregnant with comes to me and says he wants to race, yes RACE, four-wheelers. I of course tell him what every mom says- that we could never afford a $600 four-wheeler. He sat at the kitchen table and began to paint. He then informed me that he is going to sell his paintings on the computer and get money for his four-wheeler.
So, my fellow bloggers- here you have it- my son's entrepreneur skills have begun. He painted, dried, took pictures of the pictures and priced (if you couldn't tell) them with absolutely ZERO help from this mama.
If you want to make a six year old's dreams come true- feel free to purchase =) You never know, maybe someday he will be a famous racer and you can say you got him there.. If you don't want to see him with broken bones and cuts from such a machine, please let him know next time you see him what a great artist he is!

4 comments:

Tonia said...

What an innovative boy you've got there. Those are some pretty nice paintings. Those are some "sweet skills" you have Josh. I think he needs to do a painting of a Liger

Amy said...

Those pictures are about the funniest things I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

Suzie said...

Good work Josh! Keep it up, when I get some money, I'll gladly buy one so you can be the best 4 wheeler racer ever!

Bonnie said...

Promise me you wont crash and break your neck.
Love you josh!
XOXO
Gram