CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

For my boys... ZACK


Zachary Grant Willard- I have cherished the three and a half years we have had together. When people see you with your brothers, they often comment on how much Josh and Bradley look alike, but you are just a bit different. That is because you, my Zack, look like your mommy. And not only that, you act just like me as well. When you are frustrated with life- I totally understand you because you do exactly what I would do in the situation. When you are in time-out and decide it would be a good idea to break the bed instead of cry- I have to laugh because that is what I would do. I love that you are stubborn and competitive. I love that you love to hang out and do absolutely nothing- even if it frustrates your Daddy- because I like to do that too. And I love that for the months that they were building the Rexburg temple, you insisted that someday you would marry me there- even though Josh insisted that I was already married. You are my boy- and I love you for that.
Every time you do much of anything- you make a mess. Rarely do we have a meal without you spilling your milk. No matter where we are- you seem to get dirty. Your clothes are usually washed twice- once to get off the top mess, and again with clorox to get out the stains. Just lately you have decided to be clean. You made game at dinner to see who the cleanest eater is. After spilling your milk, you said "Let's play that whoever spills their milk wins this time."
When Josh said no to that, you said, "Then whoever is three years old wins." I love your drive to the be the winner all the time, maybe that is because I refuse to lose as well. You often remind me that you are going to win lots of trophies like your Grandpa Garth- and I can not wait to be there cheering you on all along the way.
Some nights you wait for your brothers to go to sleep and quietly slip out and snuggle with me on the couch for a few minutes. You will never know how much I cherish that quite time with you.
I love who you are, and am so excited to see you use your stubborn little mind to stand up for who you are and what you believe. Grandma Bonnie used to say that she hoped someday I would have a child just like me, so I would see what I put her through. And Heavenly Father sent me you- and I am so happy for that.
Zack, I love you.
Mommy

0 comments: