CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

For my boys... BRADLEY


Bradley Garth Willard- you make me smile. Even when you make me very angry, you make me smile. I don't know how you do it, but you know that if you can get me to laugh, you can get away with just about anything. Your newest trick has been to meow at me when I am trying to discipline you. You also laugh at me when I yell, and it makes me realize how silly I must look when I am mad.
You are also a stubborn boy. You get what you want- no matter what. Ever since you were little, you could never be distracted away from anything. Your brothers do what you want, and so do your parents.
You love pickups. It was one of your first words. When I bought you a tractor cake pan to do your birthday cake, you insisted on a blue pickup cake. Which you got. You also love semi trucks and airplanes. Everything has a motor- especially your dinner. Every meal you drive your food around your plate before eating it. And when you are full, you drive around whatever is left around on the plate.
Lately you have had a huge fear that your toys and brothers will be sucked down the drain of the bathtub. Each night you are so careful to have every toy accounted for before you let me unplug the drain. You are very particular about your toys- like your big brother Josh.
Bradley, you are a special boy, and I know that you came to our family for a reason. When I was pregnant with you- and I didn't even know I was pregnant yet- I went to the temple in Orlando, Florida. As I sat there, I felt your spirit there with me, and I was told by the spirit that I was pregnant. There are very few times in my life that I have had such a spiritual experience. Upon returning home, I told my Mom and Ryan about the experience, and they both thought I was crazy. Zack was only eight months old at the time. And then, a few weeks later, the test confirmed that I was in fact going to have another baby. Five months later, your Daddy's best friend was killed in an accident- we found out that you were a baby boy just a few days later.
He was such a good man, and we were excited to name you after him. You have big shoes to fill- and great examples all around you to help along the way.
Bradley, I love you so much.
Mommy

0 comments: