CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

For my boys... JOSH


Joshua Ryan Willard- where have the last five years gone? This afternoon I looked out the window and thought there was an adult walking in the yard. I got a better look and it was YOU! You are so tall and handsome. From such a young age you have worried about people's feelings and making sure not to hurt those around you. You worry about everyone getting a turn and nobody being left out. Rules are your friend, and you are happy when you are being a good boy. You are such a good helper with your brothers and always make sure and tell me that you love me. You remind me each night to read the scriptures and to "get on our prayer bones". I am so grateful that you picked me to be your mommy- even though you look just like your Daddy... I have never met a boy that is so much like his Dad. You are so clean, and love to look nice. You have picked out your own clothes for as long as I can remember, and you are so specific about what you wear and how your hair is combed. You like your toys to be nice, clean and in order. You are almost six years old and still wont wipe yourself because you are terrified of the possibility of getting any of it on your hand.
You love animals, especially horses. You have often expressed your desires to be a cowboy like your Grandpa Grant. I secretly worry that you are much to clean to be a cowboy and would throw a fit if you got dust on your boots- but maybe someday you will prove me wrong...
My little Joshy, I love you. I love your hugs- and the random kisses that you will still slip me when nobody is looking. It is so great to see you getting so big and being such a beacon of light in this dark world. I see you being such a positive influence on those around you- especially your brothers- in the future.
My Joshua- I love you- always remember that. I am truly blessed to have you in my life.
Your Mommy

0 comments: