CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

snips and snails and puppy dog tails.....

That's what little boys are made of!
I was on the back step watching all of my boys play in the yard today. Bradley rode his bike around to the front yard, and after a few minutes I could not hear his bike and I started to call out for him to come back to where I could see him. A minute or so later, I heard his bike going again and he came riding around the side of the house where I could see him. He pulled up next to me and said, "Look Mommy, I catched a mice!!" There in his grubby little hand was a mouse- struggling to release itself from his death grip. I yelled, and he dropped it. The mouse laid on the ground, I believe in shock and then started to wiggle just a bit. Zack decided to get in on the action and leaned over with his foot and stepped on it- finishing off the "job". So, how is it that little boys love to do things like this. Gross as it is, this is the second time Bradley has caught a mouse and killed it. Girls would never do that!! So, for all of you out there that have mice, but don't like cats- I am now renting Bradley out on the weekends! =)

2 comments:

Tonia said...

It's so funny the difference between boys and girls at such a young age! I think I would have flipped out if I was handed a mouse, you're a better woman than I am!

Suzie said...

YUCK! I don't know if you remember Dan used to always catch mice by the tail in our basement & then go ask my mom what to do with them. As for myself, I'm petrified of them!