CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mountain men...





So, Ryan and I decided that we would climb the buttes (old volcanoes) near where I grew up. I swear we used to climb them all the time when we were little and it was no big deal... So, we drove out and headed up the mountain. About half way up, we realized that it was harder then what we had expected. The boys kept sliding back down the hill and falling down. When we finally got to the top- Josh was totally disappointed to see grass in the crater and not a hole for the lava to flow out of... Overall, we were hot and sweaty, but there is something about the view from up there that is just awesome.
History books say that years ago there were men that robbed a bank and hid their "goods" there in the mountain before the cops got them. I can say, that if there ever was a treasure hidden, I would have found it- I searched high and low as a child. Well, I told Josh the story- and he is now sure that he is going to find it. It was so fun to watch his imagination take over as he searched for the lost gold- I miss those days...
In honor of memorial day, I took some great pictures of the Indian Paintbrush flowers. My Dad and I used to climb up and pick them on memorial day to take to my Great Grandma's grave. They are so beautiful...

0 comments: