CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

One of these pictures is not like the others....







I have a picture of Zack sucking his thumb during the ultrasound I had at 20 weeks. He came out and began sucking his thumb at once. He quickly became attached to one blanket and his thumb and he was a very content little boy. He slept well and was comforted easily by his thumb and his "blank" as he so lovingly called it. He was often nicknamed Linus as he tugged his blank around with him everywhere we went. When he turned four, I tried to get Zack to stop sucking his thumb- he could not do it with his blank around- and told me he would stop when he turned five. Now Zack is almost four and a half and I am worried that he will do damage to his teeth if he keeps sucking his thumb. I bribed him with a new star wars PS2 game if he would stop sucking his thumb. We had to put his blanket away (it was actually really hard on ME!). With his blanket gone, he never sucked his thumb again. So, yesterday he got his new game (see top picture). I never thought it would be quite so easy. My little boy is just a bit more grown up.



3 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

I've got to try that on Lacey. She needs to stop the thumb sucking and holding on to her "teeny". Lacey and Zack are just the same in that regard. Congrats on finding the solution!

Suzie said...

Funny! Keep his hands occupied with a video game controller & there you have it!

Tonia said...

Yay Zack! Way to go! And congrats Lisa, I've heard that isn't an easy habit to break.